One of the most successful business in Bindranath’s paternal business was the brothel business.
1) Rabindranath’s grandfather had 43 prostitutes in Kolkata city of Dwarkanath. There was also the business of liquor and opium. (Source: This is another history, Chapter: Awesome Dwarkanath, Author: Golam Ahmad Mortuja, Page: 141)
2) ′′ Rabindranath’s grandfather Dwarkanath was a servant of English Trevor Plauden with a salary of 2 taka. Dwarkanath became rich by immoral business. Rabindranath’s grandfather Dwarkanath Tagore’s forty-three prostitutes were in Kolkata. (Source of information: Anandabazar newspaper of Kolkata, 28th Kartik, 1406, Ranjan Bandyopadhyay) ′′
3) ′′ Only Dwarkanath Tagore (Rabindra’s grandfather) owned forty-three prostitutes in an area of Kolkata. [Source of Information: Edited by Satish Chandra Chakraborty, Autobiography of Devendranath Tagore, 1962, P. 358-60]”
4) ′′ The address of the brothel of the Rabindranath family is 235-236 Baubazar Street, Kolkata. There were 43 houses, which rented Rs. 140 (Calcutta: Myths and History, S N Mukherjee, page-101; Under the Raj: Prostitution in Colonial Bengal, Sumanta Banerjee Page 72)
In whose continuation Rabindra himself was a prostitute –
1) ′′ Prostitution was a common event in Babu society. King Rammohan Roy, the Indian traveler of the Women’s Movement, was protected । Even in the womb of that Rakshita, a son was born. Jyotirindranath Tagore had fun in love with the prostitute Sukumari Dutta. Speech artist Sharatchandra Chattopadhyay goes to brothel regularly. [Source of information: In the heart of ignorance, the intimate talk of the banned village; Dr. Abul Ahsan Chowdhury: Shobha Prakash]” Rabindranath Tagore also went to brothel. The news of Rabindranath being infected with Syphilis as a result of his travel to a banned village was published in ‘Basumati’ newspaper in his lifetime.
2) Rabindranath doesn’t wait to tell the literature juice that he has found among the prostitutes. Rabindranath came beside the famous Gangajali (the name of an area where there was a huge brothel at that time) in Dhaka and wrote ′′ The bride of Bengal has her honey in her chest To be honest, at that time, sexual disease syphilis was very common in Kolkata for a special reason. That’s why the news of Rabindranath’s syphilis disease did not get much importance in the Avatar newspaper in 1928 (Source: The type of torture of women, Author: Sarkar Sahabuddin Ahmed, Page: 341) http://archive.is/CatB7, http://archive.is/6064W
© Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved by Newsteamincecto.com |